Friday, October 23, 2009

Lusting After: Mark McNairy's Red Brick Soul at Epaulet




I had no idea these were available for purchase online (besides the exclusive Inventory collaboration I talked about here).  Speechless.

From Epaulet:

"Mark McNairy is the creative director of J.Press, and is world renown for breathing new life into traditional mens garments & shoes. His new footwear collection is a perfectly executed mix of classic details and old-school craftsmanship with a distinctly modern sense of style. We're proud to offer these exceptional products as an online exclusive.

Each shoe is crafted by hand in Northamptonshire, England (see a photo of the factory below).
The Goodyear welt is a method of attaching the sole of a shoe to the upper. The upper is temporarily drawn over the last and a strip of leather (the welt) is stitched to the upper and inner sole. The sole is then hand-stitched through the Welt to complete the process. This construction allows multiple sole replacements, extending the life of the footwear. Goodyear welts are characteristic of high-end handmade British and American shoes."






 

 

 

So yeah, those navy chukkas may be the coolest shoe I have ever seen in my entire life. No joke.  I am going to go cry myself to sleep now. Goodnight.

p.s. ACL talks Red Brick Soul here.

-L.A.S

5 comments:

  1. Never saw this write up. . . But I have the blue suede chukka's and they are the most immaculate suede shoes I have ever owned. Almost too good to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sangsouvanh,
    Where did you purchase your blue suede chukka's, I have been looking for these forever!
    Please email me, kellysean77@gmail.com
    Cheers,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I have to select one from those. I would choose the first one because the rest looks like they are for the mafia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These shoes look very elegant, I would like to purchase all haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this shoes, these styles are really originals and beautiful, thanks for share this great post with us...

    Regards,
    Richard

    ReplyDelete