Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday Morning Inspiration: Go Forth



[Picture courtesy of Nate Bressler by way of Secret Forts.]

The Levi's store in San Fran is now all bars and stars thanks to the new Go Forth campaign.  Their "One Trip Pass, Stars & Stripes" exhibit has hit the internet hard, brimming with nostalgia, Americana and backwoods romance.  With a bunch of meetings and number talk bombarding me at work, I'll be sure to think of this guy.  I'm pretty sure he's never had a boss in his entire life.

p.s. The best thing about this is the timeless Whitman poetry used to frame the campaign .  For those readers who also happen to be poetically inclined..."America" and "Pioneers! O Pioneers!"

"Have you your pistols? Have you your sharp edged axes?"

-L.A.S

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! This is how it should be! And this is what I loooove about America! My last four years of school really opened my eyes to all things made in America and that is where my appreciation really started to grow..I also think it has a lot to do with the literature I have been reading for years that dates from early 1800's-1900's...I find myself being nostalgic for eras I never experienced...anyways I think this "Americana" trend that is sweeping the nation is here for good, at least I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Marj - You are one red blooded American! I'm happy you appreciate the literature behind it all as well.

    ReplyDelete