Monday, November 9, 2009

Strapping: The Sequel

Back on Halloween I talked a little about the new Maratac watch strap I had ordered.  Well, after a week of waiting it finally arrived from California.  By switching out the stock leather, croc embossed strap my goal was to dress down my Stuhrling and give it more of that field/military inspired look.  The black face of the watch lended itself to a dark band, so I went with a black nylon strap from Maratac with a vertical, red accent stripe down the middle.  It came out better than I could have imagined and switching the band out was so easy a blogger could do it.  Anyway, enough with the typing, here are the pics from my miserable point and shoot (Yeah, I really need to do something about that).



[Pictured: Stock Stuhrling and Maratac replacement strap before the switch out.]



[Pictured: Final product.  Looks damn good in person if I do say so myself.]

p.s. Changing a band/strap out is really easy assuming you already own a spring bar tool.  If not, buy one here and make sure to pick one up with a "forked end" (be aware shipping is likely going to end up costing more than the tool).  For more reference on how to switch out a band/strap at home please refer to this video from County Comm.

-L.A.S

6 comments:

  1. Amazing what a simple strap can do for a watch. Brought the focus back to the face rather than the strap. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Gannon- Exactly. The band was a little to pretentious for the simple/subtle face. Dressing it down gave the watch a whole new angle. I don't usually toot my own horn, but I'm killing it with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch looks great!!! If you plan on switching the bands often you can get pins that have a raised slider so you don't need a tool to replace the band. Also an excellent choice with the Stuhrling, they're great watches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Brian. The Stuhrling has been fantastic so far. Real clean, real classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "So easy a blogger could do it."
    Classic!

    I love watch bands. Its like switching shoe laces...instant freshness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Young people utilize online college paper writing services and their decisions are quite reasonable!

    ReplyDelete