Friday, December 4, 2009

Fit For The Weekend III: Presented by S.I. x D.P.

After a little bit of a holiday layoff, Dan and myself are back; bringing you folks some of the best kits on the internets (at least that's what I tell myself).  Dan and I put this together during the week of Thanksgiving and our own traveling seems to have rubbed off a tad.  What we have here is some great airport gear that is perfect for traveling in both comfort and style.

For those who are new to all this let Dan explain, "Lawrence and I bounce back an item of clothing to each other over the course of the week until we have a complete outfit. Each person's descriptions are below."

[Note: Items presented in the order in which they were compiled.]

Clarks Wallabees...$115.00



Me: What can I say about Wallys that I haven't already? There's nothing like a shoe with some heft to anchor your kit. Neat roll your denim and let it casually fall over a pair of these, untied for some of that invaluable sprezzatura. If you're gonna go Wally, you've got to go low top and sand suede.

Naked & Famous Slim Guy Chino Selvedge Denim...$145.00



Dan: Pairing khaki with Clarks is a look I picked up in college. Love the look - but I'm partial to the heavyweight feel of selvedge denim so I usually end up throwing on a pair of jeans. These N&F selvedge jeans bridge the gap, combining sweet looks with the feel and comfort you expect from Denim. Decent price for selvedge, too.

Land's End Canvas Shawl Collar Sweater...$69.50



Me: The price is almost as great as the look...trim and grey, not to mention 100% cotton so you're not scratching away while your flight's delayed. Say what you want about Land's End taking a page out of J. Crew's recent success, but I think we have a case of one-upmanship on our hands here. Who can argue with classics priced this well?

Port Canvas Long Range Cruiser...$100.00 (base price)



Dan: It's the holiday season and naturally many people are traveling. That means tossing all the great clothes that you've picked up from Dan and Lawrence's suggestions and visiting some folks you haven't seen in awhile. I'm suggesting this sturdy bag from Port Canvas (Made in the USA) to haul your gear. It won't make you feel like a jock for using a branded gym bag or an blackberry-clutching consultant porting Tumi.

-L.A.S x Dan

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love the shawl collar sweater (SCS)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your banter is one of the more enjoyable reasons to read this weekly post - that and the great kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daryl- I'm happy you like it. It's by far the most enjoyable posts I get to write each week and it leads to great conversation between myself and Mr. Disaffected Prep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw those N&F jeans the other day on Epaulet. Got me thinking for sure, we'll see how much birthday/Christmas money I get (and what else I want to buy more!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to the best flight ticket for all airlines then go at 800customernumber. You can easily book ticket On low prices with 40% Off, Because we are providing best service in US country. Contact us Our Phone Number +1-(855) 915-0329

    Cityjet Contact
    Cityjet contact Number UK
    Cityjet Email Contact
    Cityjet Head Office
    Customer Citilink
    Contact Citilink
    Citilink Phone Number
    Citilink Net

    ReplyDelete