Monday, December 14, 2009

Your New Favorite Winter Coat

The new 3sixteen duffel coat hit the airwaves late last week and you may have seen it making its rounds on the blogosphere.  Andrew Chen and his NYC based brand have been doing big things for a while and their new duffel coat may be the tipping point.  I've talked about duffel coats for a while as they are my personal choice for outerwear and the 3sixteen version has to be the hands down MVP.

The details and fit on this are unmatched and I may have no choice but to grab one for myself when it hits their online shop (a retail price of $440 should be announced shortly).  The coat is 24 oz. of tough Varsity Melton wool and comes clad with custom leather and wood toggles.  The fact that you can grab this in a classic camel colorway alone may even be its biggest selling point.  Sart Inc's personal highlights include the shoulder patches and the uniquely cut pocket flaps. Check out the pics below courtesy of my man Shimon.  If this isn't your new favorite winter coat then I'm not sure if we are even on remotely the same page.





-L.A.S

6 comments:

  1. Haha, I completely agree with you. This blew me away when I first saw it. Beautiful details. Did you find out the retail price yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so on the same page! The camel color is very 80s/90s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicolas- Just updated the post. The retails price will be $440.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The camel colorway is made from the same 24oz. melton wool as the charcoal one but it feels a BIT lighter. I wore both and stood out on the NYC streets in 30 degree weather and they both did the job of keeping me warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll stick with my camel Gloverall. The classics are classic for a reason.

    ReplyDelete