Thursday, January 28, 2010

Attn: J. Crew S/S 2010 Footwear

Hey bro, lose the socks!  J. Crew is stocking up for the seasonal shift and some new arrivals have hit their webstore.  Despite the lot of new gear the shoes are what really caught my eye.  Aside from now stocking Alden, J. Crew is selling a killer G.H. Bass & Company made in the U.S.A loafer that is absolutely killer.  In line with the whole "they don't make them like they used to" movement the shoes aint cheap.  For $280 I'd personally rather grab a pair of Mark McNairy for Bass Weejuns (also made in the U.S.A), but there is no denying these are some tasty kickers.



Also of note is a new canvas buck which is a quasi-genius/novelty take on the classic S/S footwear.  I was going to get myself a fresh new pair of suede bucks, but I have a sneaking suspicion these may have just moved up my list.  If you never thought a buck could get the rugged treatment, well, think again.  For $140 this specialty item doesn't seem the least bit unattainable.
 

-L.A.S

[Editor's Note: It has been brought to my attention by Greg that the bucks actually have a suede upper and canvas is merely the colorway.]

7 comments:

  1. I love the beef roll on the Bass loafers. Have always been a fan of the beef roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that loafer. McNairy doesn't do shoes in my size which simplifies things a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think those bucks are actually canvas. Just canvas-colored. If you zoom in they're definitely suede, and I feel like I'd rather pick up a pair of J&M's for half the price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg- Thanks for setting me straight on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or for $280- save a few more pennies and get cordovan alden/brooks penny loafers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Bass beefs will def be on sale sometime in the near future. Count on it.

    ReplyDelete