Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Eyelets

One of the reasons I believe duffel/toggle coats and fireman/cameraman coats are so popular is due to their unique closure hardware.  When it comes to spending a lot on clothes I guess the devil is in the details.  In the same vein as the aforementioned coats, there are some cool shoes coming out this S/S that utilize this very same concept.  Stalwart designers and brands, such as Mark McNairy and Yuketen, are releasing shoes that expand on the traditional eyelet and lacing systems you see on most shoes.  Being that I'm not the biggest fan of other unique kicks I am pretty stoked that some folks out there are rethinking how we tie our shoes (at the very least how these elements look).  Details like these make an interesting argument, either for or against depending on your point of view, in regards to utilitarianism.  For now I'll just stick with "super cool".




 

-L.A.S

[Editor's Note: Seeing all this unconventional eyelets/lacing has me thinking of these when they first came out.  I guess it's just my inner hooligan.]

9 comments:

  1. Love those scotch grain Yuketen mocs, but the lacing on the McNairy pair is a bit too high and tight for me, it makes the shoe look much more narrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably already on it, but the Mr. McNairy x Weejuns got a shout out in this month's Esquire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David- Yeah, I saw that shiz at Esquire.com. They did pick one of the "weaker" models though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last picture above...perfection. My old LLB bluchers had that dried worn patina that my new Eastlands just aren't destined to achieve. As I said over on newgrass, I'm obsessed with bluchers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't those last few "ghillie" laced?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Asia Industry is one of the leading eyelets manufacturers in India and suppliers of customized garment metallic eyelets in Delhi. Renowned garments eyelets manufacturer and supplier of brass eyelet in India.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Asia Industry is one of the leading garments eyelets manufacturer and suppliers of customized garment metallic in Delhi. Renowned manufacturer and supplier of brass eyelet in India.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have posted valuable things on your blog. I will also post the link of your blog on my website. I hope it will be useful for my visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have posted valuable things on your blog. I will also post the link of your blog on my website EasyWayFinder.

    ReplyDelete