Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fruit Salad

Polo's spring ready, slim custom-fit oxfords are currently available online for $79.50.  Now that Polo is making their classic pinpoint oxford in a trim fit I may have to update my current batch which consist solely of the standard custom-fit.  I had recently switched over to Brooks Brothers' extra slim-fit oxfords, but that could change quickly this coming spring.  I'm most curious about what kind of colors BB brings to the table outside of the usual pink and yellow. It's going to take a lot to match Mr. Lauren who, as per usual, has the WASP turned up to 11 and is hitting back with some of the tastiest colors you're going to see anywhere. A little macédoine in winter never hurt anybody.



-L.A.S

11 comments:

  1. delicious. your boy can never have too many pastel oxfords haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lawrence, thanks for the speedy and comprehensive email response- your dedication to your blog is outstanding

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the consensus on Brooks Brothers non-iron shirts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skip- I don't own the non-iron shirts so I can't really speak on the issue. The extra slim fit oxfords are great though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skip: I have several. Theydon't have that just pressed finish coming out of the dryer,but I read even Brooks isn't hoping for that. The real benefit is once they are dry cleaned/pressed they don't hold wrinkles. And if you are going to go with a shirt, I think the Lands end are a way better value for a day to day shirt.

    LAS: Correction. From my gandering at the website they have two cuts of oxfords: Classic Fit and Slim-Custom Fit. It was due to its vague definition of "custom = slim" that they added 'slim' in front of 'custom' for the masses to understand the difference of cut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. DAM- Thanks for the correction, just checked my current oxfords and you're right, they are labeled "Classic Fit". You're always on the case my man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Non-iron shirts are weird.

    Think cotton on botox.

    Stay true to your name is my advice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the information. Please keep sharing more articles.

    ReplyDelete

  9. I really appreciate your professional approach.

    ReplyDelete