Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Brooks Brothers S/S Arrivals

Sartorially Inclined, where the sartorial nonsense never stops!  With "fun" and patchwork on the brain I couldn't help but swing by one of America's oldest and most respected clothiers on my search for some more wonderfully polarizing gear.

I realize not everyone can get down with this kind of stuff and despite continually shouting about both the classic and understated from the rooftops, who am I to deny a little ridiculousness?  And when I say ridiculous I mean it in the best way possible.  Certain situations and moods are just begging for a great, big ol' middle finger worn across the chest and who really cares about actually being rich when you can just look the part so perfectly (though it does help when buying from BB)?  Continue your quest to become the best dressed Wedding Crashers extra here.

 
  
  
  
  
  

-L.A.S

[Editor's Note: Yes, I would wear every single item in this post.]

11 comments:

  1. i too would wear each article pictured above. i might even venture to say that i would wear a few of them together. yes indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would wear all these too, except for the blazers. I like getting punched in the face as much as the next guy, but a shot to the crotch I still cannot stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too would wear everything posted, including the blazers, very happily. I picked up a BB fun shirt whilst vacationing in the US last year (I'm from Australia, where BB isn't readily available) and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't say I look as manly as you; I'd definitely get some justifiable odd looks in some of this stuff. I got tons of compliments on my vintage BB patchwork madras BD last spring though, definitely a great spring staple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enthusiast- Prob. my favorite comment on the blog. Ever. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that gingham shirt is awesome, they ever have a yellow rain jacket for you LAS

    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=571&Product_Id=1446259&Parent_Id=569&default_color=SNAPDRAGON&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nathan- You sound like the best dressed dude in Australia. Cheers to that.

    Nathaniel- I'd wear the shit out of the slicker. Good find brother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the stuff that ends up in those Madison Av fifth floor super sales along with the Thom Browne flood pants and bum freezer blazers.......sure there's the odd bit of wearable craziness but most of it belongs in the incinerator.....I do however recommend a search of through this dross, last year I picked up a full length shearling coat(they only had one and it was my size) reduced from $1800 to $360

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always appreciate your posts...this line is certainly recycled from the 80s BB lines...not really my style. However there is always something for someone...

    ReplyDelete
  10. BSullivan- That's the nicest comment anyone's ever left on Sart Inc.

    ReplyDelete