Wednesday, February 17, 2010

From The Inbox: Chris' Bean Boots

Chris sent in a pick detailing his two unique pairs of Bean boots that he has owned for quite some time now.  You'll notice that both pairs of boots are styles no longer offered by L.L. Bean.  The pair on the left, though they look familiar, actually have a greenish/olive colored rubber, while the pair on the right are an old pull-on version I have seen pictures of before (the kind of Bean boots I imagine the Beatles would have worn).  With the launch of L.L. Bean Signature who knows what Alex is going to pull out of the archives. Me hopes green rubber is in the queue.


-L.A.S

4 comments:

  1. They should bring back the pull-on Bean boots. Now. I'm tired of scouring Ebay for a pair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad's had the pull-on ones for years, and if I recall correctly, with a green liner. Green + leather is a good combo. I'd def go with lace-ups over pull-ons, but to each their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pull on Bean boot is what I own, and have since 1989. They are the Lounge boot if I remember correctly, and have a strap and buckle across the ankle. I wear mine often still, even though they need to have new rubber bottoms sewn on. I'll take a pic tonight and send to you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pull ons must have been recently pulled as I remember them having in the not too distant past.

    ReplyDelete