Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Attn: The Rugby Style Guide

I don't normally read Rugby's blog, but they just introduced a "style guide" feature that at the very least is an amusing read.  It's pretty much a place for Rugby PR to muse on their own products and while the sartorially informed might not learn anything new it is always a tad interesting to 1. hear people talk about their own work and 2. get some "insider" insight.  The two pieces up now deal with their reversible cotton trench and the sharp as broken glass Newbury Sport Coat.  While Rugby's editorials might not make their way onto your blogroll or RSS feed it will at least kill some time on hump day - the gear being fresh is really all that matters to me anyhow.


-L.A.S

7 comments:

  1. L.A.S

    just checked out this jacket on their site. as i run into w a lot of blazers, i'm size large for sleeves & chest, size medium for the waist leaving the jacket a baggy in the stomach. any brands that make something off the rack that will fit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. RDJ - try the J.Crew Ludlow jackets. I believe you will find what you're looking for. I need M in the waist & sleeves, but L across the chest & back. A little sleeve shortening, and I'm good to go with the Ludlow. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when i start working for Ralph, i'll suggest a spice up to the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever tried on the Newbury? If you like Thom's fit (uber-short and boxy), you'll love it. If you aren't 5'7" then it will be tough going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam - Thanks for the tip! I have the same problem with suit and inevitably I end up looking like a short barrel-chested bouncer with a terrible looking jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pleasure! They really do fit well. I hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the review, I want to ask you something, I have a wedding in some time, and I don't want to use a tuxedo, well not with tie, I want to use turtleneck shirt, so what do you think? is out or in?

    ReplyDelete