Monday, March 15, 2010

Explosive

I enjoy microcheck as much as the next guy, but sometimes you've got to be large and in charge.  L.L. Bean Signature's Hunter's Plaid Shirt is just what the doctor ordered when it comes to big, bold, exploded statement check.  Everything I've been hearing about fit is on point and we all know L.L. Bean is not slouch when it comes to quality.  While the front pocket cord shorts are my current favorite from the newly unveiled line, this bargain of a shirt (complete with back collar button) is a very close second.  I think it was William Howard Taft who first said, "Go big or go home."


-L.A.S

9 comments:

  1. First one is dope, is it red and navy? Second to last if you're the type of guy who goes on picnics with his girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sart Inc, I applaud you coverage of LL Bean Sig. Definitely my most anticipated drop of the year (my funds are limited and my real passion so far is jeans). I copped the yellow Gingham, and the purple-ish madras this AM and will cop the "Bright Navy" of this shirt in a few days (capitalizing on the gift card deal + new funds for steez). Also planning to cop the shawl cardigan and the 'loden' chambray. Will probably do a review on my (non-steez, but general interest, that is, -my- general interest) blog when I get it all and have properly broken it in.
    Thanks again for the great coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very Elmer Fudd like those check hats with ear flaps but everyone should have at least one of each.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a note: LL Bean used to make a flannel that had collar stays in it. The collar held it's shape and it was a nice deviation from the typical BD LL Bean flannel... miss u straight cllrd flnnl... wish u'd be in ll bean sig line...

    ReplyDelete
  5. L.A.S.

    What does "slightly fitted"mean in the LLB lexicon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OldSchool- A trimmer fit than their standard, but still comfortable. I am assuming they raised the armholes and took out some fabric from the body. I wouldn't expect anything along the lines of Band of Outsiders, but it should fit much better than their normal line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. See, that's what I meant about "the classic and understated" being misleading.

    "It should fit much better" than the classic and understated??

    Their normal line barely qualifies as a gentleman's cut.

    Baggy is Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OldSchool- You're bustin' my balls man. I give up.

    ReplyDelete