Thursday, March 25, 2010

Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts

What parts you ask? 1 part perfect summer fabric, 1 part perfect summer pattern and 1 part perfect American shirt maker - that's what.  Epaulet just stocked up on Gitman Vintage's awesome short sleeve seersucker gingham button down and for all the perfection at work here it's kind of a steal at $155, but I guess a lot of that depends on what you do for a living.  Anyway, what can I say about this shirt that I haven't already? The fabric has been recreated from a 1984 fabric book, it's made in Ashland, PA and the details (chalk buttons, box pleats) are on point like an arrow.  I'm always talking about reinterpreting the classics for today, but how great is it when you can just buy those classics straight up?  Pretty damn great.  I have a feeling my boy KJ might have found his new favorite shirt.


-L.A.S

7 comments:

  1. It's a nice shirt, but I don't know if it's necessarily think it's a "steal" at $155.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "it's kind of a steal at $155, but I guess a lot of that depends on what you do for a living"

    You are so savvy with words and your writing is so creatively simple, Lawrence

    Regards,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. The big one hunnid!...and we didn't even sniff 100 days (84 to be exact) into the decade!! The 2008 Weezy of the blogosphere. Keep it up holmes....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim- Thanks man. That's one of the best compliments I've received since I started this thing.

    James- Haha, thanks for the support bud. You the man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice.I had gotten this in a JCrew last season. Might have to upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know me well dude, i saw the description "gingham AND seersucker"? right up my alley broski.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Shame I already have half a dozen navy/blue and white gingham shirts. Ah well, won't stop me getting this one too.

    Long sleeve available here - http://www.the-glade.com/gitman_vintage/21743/antique_seersucker_button_down_shirt.html

    ReplyDelete