Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rogues Does Dean

Having just posted on Steven Alan's red Baracuta jacket and the version James Dean made famous I came across Rogues Gallery's new golf jacket for spring.  This number is much more faithful (minus the elastic and throat tab) to the iconic outerwear piece from Rebel Without A Cause and is the only new version, as oppose to vintage, I know of currently being sold.  At $175 it is pretty consistent with most Baracutas and golf jackets on the market and way cheaper than the Steven Alan joint.  If you dig the golf jacket vibe, but are a little gun shy about the in your face red colorway RG also sells the jacket in navy and khaki.


-L.A.S

6 comments:

  1. Is it just me or does that jacket look a little short on the model? While more expensive, I think I liked the Steven Alan version better. Now, is it 150$ better? That, I'm not so sure of. Not for me at least. Anyway, sticking with the red harrington theme, topman has one going for even cheaper: http://us.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=32052&storeId=13051&productId=1569350&langId=-1&categoryId=&parent_category_rn= For 90$, that's not half bad, and I don't even get paid to rep for them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I prefer the fold-over collar style, but the RG does look awfully short. That Topman piece looks pretty decent for the price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Topman's pieces look decent, but they don't wear decent (a grammatical stretch, but I went for it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go red or go home :) i have a red baracuta and <3 it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really wanting the G10 Baracuta featured in J. Crew (ladies fit!!) , but $325 is too much...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rogues gallery golf jacket:

    Another site recommended to size up for this jacket, so I did and got myself a large. Although it fits fine, it does run short, comes exactly at waist length. Thing is I love it and hate it at the same time, I'm contemplating getting a bigger size, maybe it'll run longer length but then the chest size would be way too big IMO. I can't just wear it with anything either because of the length.

    ReplyDelete