Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sartorial Madness

It's that time of year again people and despite hearing the word "bubble" approximately every 30 seconds it is hard to deny the magic that is March Madness.  GQ has a new feature on the 64 most stylish college basketball players of all time - you can even vote on them in a bracket style tournament.  The list is admittedly a stretch since lots of these guys are more "distinctive" than anything else, but it's still pretty cool.  Check out my favorites below (Pistol Pete and 'Sheed top my list) and make sure to take a gander at the list, which is great for fans of both style and sports.


-L.A.S

12 comments:

  1. "Appreciation of the Classic and the Understated"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always ball in my chucks, shortish shorts, high socks, its the only way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fan of honesty in labeling:
    Helps one to avoid visiting mislabeled blogs that have nothing whatsoever to do with the classic and the understated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OldSchool- So you think Sart Inc is mislabeled? What do you propose?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jamal Mashburn. My favorite college player ever. Kentucky never got to the promised land due to Duke hail mary shots two years in a row. So disapointing. Mashburn was better than Laetner, but didn't have the cast behind him. Gimel Martinez? Please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. L.A.S.,

    It's your blog, but I'd suggest that you consult a good dictionary for definitions of
    "classic" and "understated" before using such terms so loosely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oldschool- Subjectivity, no? Anyhow, if you feel the blog to be misleading you can always jump ship if you see fit. The call out is harsh, but at the very least I appreciate your honesty. Don't get all caught up in the semantics my man...I've clearly stated on numerous occasions that this is all nonsense anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nonsense

    When I see the words "classic" and "understated", I don't think of nonsense at all; I think of attempts to preserve what is worth preserving against the onslaught of fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OS, please feel free to jump ship...

    ReplyDelete
  10. OldSchool- Well I'm sorry that my attempt appears futile in your eyes.

    Do you not like basketball or something?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Pistol in 2nd round NIT action against Oklahoma (March '70)

    ReplyDelete