Sunday, April 25, 2010

Attn: Bass Barret

I don't necessarily have an ego problem, but sometimes I catch myself going "so and so brand should hire me because they have no idea what they are doing".  As much as I may or may not say this, Bass never seems to find its way into that conversation.  While we could bitch all day about Bass taking their production overseas and the overall quality of their shoes there is no denying just how good they look - kinda like that smoking hot chick you dated back in the day who was completely vapid (not sure if that analogy works, but you catch my drift).

Bass' new Barret model is pretty "of the moment" and pretty downright killer.  A suede longwing on a fake-ish Dainite red brick sole from a major lowest common denominator shoemaker?  For 80 smackaroos? Done and done.  Honestly, this may be THE best affordable shoe for S/S.  I found this badboy over at John's blog, which is a daily read of mine.  The dude is straight up hilarious. I mean, he references Kid Cuisine in his most recent post - 'nuf said.  Also, I would be remiss if I didn't think that at some point Bass owed Mark McNairy some royalties or maybe just a thank you note because, let's be honest, it's not like Bass' designers came up with this on their own.  Could this be some sort of spillover from their recent collaboration? Your guess is as good as mine.



-L.A.S

7 comments:

  1. These are amazing. Have no clue how they fit, so I really want to wait until they hit Zappos, then order about 3 pair and see which fits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tremendous, no beating the price....i'm wearing the Taupe Bucks right now and they're great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! These are as hot as that twentysomething brunette hottie I just saw strolling along Main Beach here in Laguna. Exceedingly attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a Bass Believer my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The uppers look nice on these. The soles are fine until you turn them over and then they're awful, but who cares, it's not like they're going to be seen much is it.

    What's the actual construction like on these? They look like they're a bit of a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another brand in need of assistance is Beretta. Sadly, they are missing out on the outdoors/sporting look currently in style, which befits their offerings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. in fairness to the Bass designers, the Dover penny loafer can't seem to get enough coverage in the pages of GQ (and wornnevery sunny opportunity here in S. Texas)

    ReplyDelete