Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Baseball Jacket

After watching Animal House this weekend, while on the style hunt, I discovered a pretty neat sartorial maneuver that had until now slipped my mind.  Many characters in the movie were quite fond of using baseball jackets as that perfect piece of warm weather outwear.  It makes total sense when you think of it as the jacket has all the hallmarks of a great S/S top layer - lightweight, wind resistant, water resistant and flat out cool.  I am sure some of you have known this for quite sometime, but it took some killer shots of Bluto rocking one over a plaid button down for me to see the light.

After doing some research it appears that these kind of jackets go by a few names - baseball jacket, track jacket, club jacket, etc., but no matter what it's called you can usually find them pretty cheap.  American Apparel has a few models as does Rogues Gallery and, of course, most sporting goods outfitters.  Pop this badboy over your madras and you're styling like a true preppy while staying warm if the weather should dip.  The more I think about it the more I see this as a poor man's Baracuta, but without sacrificing any style.  Check out some examples of how to do it right below featuring my buddy Shaun who was photographed by Backyard Bill earlier this year.


-L.A.S

8 comments:

  1. Dope look. Like most clothes, baggy baseball jackets give you extra weight. Keep it trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin + Osa has one that's on sale for about $50. Got it a month back. It has a pretty good fit and some nice details.

    http://www.martinandosa.com/web/browse/product.jsp?catId=cat280019&productId=3191_4839

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any idea who makes Shaun's jacket? It's exactly what I've been looking for . . . Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "After watching Animal House this weekend, while on the style hunt,"

    What a great phrase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good style. I just love this sweaters.... I wish I could used the same baggy baseball jackets someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really liked the jacket on the fifth picture, it is so casual but elegant at the time. thank you for posting it, cause I've been looking for the perfect jacket to purchase and I think I got the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Explore the versatile world of the Baseball Jacket. From classic designs to modern iterations, these jackets have become iconic pieces in sports fashion. If you're looking for a personalized touch, consider checking out our selection of Custom Baseball Hoodies
    . These customizable hoodies offer a unique way to express your style while celebrating your love for baseball.

    ReplyDelete