Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hater Blockers, Not So Much

As I sit here packing up my own 649's for another quick jaunt it seems appropriate that I should stumble across this little number (also in black) from Urban Outfitters.  I know, I know - buy the real thing. Just remember that it can be pretty taxing when the real thing easily costs more than any single item in the average guy's closet.  It's one thing to rip off a classic and sell it for more money, but when you are peddling affordable style who am I to judge?  I guess if you are going to wear blatant designer rip off shades better they be Persol than some Gucci or Prada stunna shade nonsense.  I would still start saving up my money now though because when UO starts selling this model in 20 different colors it's time to step up to the real thing or you'll end up looking like a preteen who got lost in the douchebag section of their local H&M (see: wannabee Wayfarers).  If you're looking for hater blockers, you definitely came to the wrong place.


-L.A.S

11 comments:

  1. 39.50 at Lands' End:

    http://www.landsend.com/pp/ClassicSunglasses~206484_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::HOY&CM_MERCH=IDX_00001__0000000114&origin=index

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frugal Trad- You just linked me to sunglasses in LEC's women's section.

    Real Wayfarers are "inexpensive" enough that anyone in fakes just isn't even making an effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon- I only hope to be as rich as you one day. Style is not exclusive my friend, no matter how entitled we all think we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually hope a better maker rips of persol say oliver goldsmith (minus the two tone gradient)or salt. i had them before when they still had ratti on the inside and before luxotica bought them. haven't bought a new pair since but i love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. while i'm imagining things perhaps a bespoke persol style frame in real tortoise or horn would be holy grail material. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Went to UO today to try these on today, they are definitely lacking in quality (but for 14 bucks who cares?), and seem to make me look like I have a monobrow. I would recommend to try these on before purchasing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A copy is a copy and should be avoided.

    There are affordable frames that can stand on their own two feet, they just take a bit of extra effort to track down.

    Once you find them it'll be well worth and will mark you out way beyond someone squinting through tat stuck on their schnoz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got a pair of these and like em quite a bit. Yes, they're cheap quality and are no substitute for the real thing, but it's the design that matters. Hell, when I met my parents for lunch today, my mom told me I looked like Steve McQueen. Now if only I could get a lady a bit younger and less related to notice the resemblance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like these sunglasses, but I'm not sure if I like the nose pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though they're of a low dollar amount, the quality does not make the bargain worth my while.

    ReplyDelete