Thursday, April 8, 2010

Know When To Say When

These new Nantucket Fatigue Pants are the poster child for going overboard.  I make no secret about how much I like cargos, but I cannot find it in my heart to remotely endorse these.  I'm all about brainstorming, but I can see where too much of it could lead to something like this.  You need to draw the line somewhere.  After adding every pocket imaginable there is no need for every tab imaginable or strap or reinforced stitching or rip stop or paint splatters.  The sad thing here is that I really dig on a few aspects, especially that Bastian-esque front pocket.  In an alternate reality where designers aren't hammered these could have been pretty awesome.  Seriously, these pants are like the abominations masquerading as cars they used to create on Pimp My Ride - there is not a single reason you need a fish tank in your whip.  You need to know when to say when or you're are gonna end up like this - except the jokes on you (courtesy of Dave from Save Khaki with the amazing parallel).


-L.A.S

7 comments:

  1. this post is counterintuitive

    ReplyDelete
  2. syd- Elaborate for me if you will...

    ReplyDelete
  3. moratorium on cargo pants discussion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew- That's why you have a your own blog bro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paint splatters on brand new pants has got to be my all-time least favorite thing. WHY? It is such a laughable affectation. If you want paint splatters on your pants--Jesus, go paint something, son.

    ReplyDelete