Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Levi's Keeps It Clean

It is most definitely springtime when Levi's puts all their white jeans up for purchase.  If you head on over to the webstore you will find white jeans in their 501, 511 and 514 styles.  For those not familiar with the differences of the styles, it's pretty obvious on the models how the sizing works out, but for the sake of clarity 501 is the original, straight fit, the 514 is a slim straight fit (my preferred style) and the 511 is a skinny jean.  White jeans look money with all the sport shirts and various summer kicks you already own - get them hemmed, roll 'em or cuff 'em and you're straight.  All the jeans are under $80 and, just like a new pair of canvas sneaks or bucks, are begging to be worn in and beat to hell. Just no blood stains, okay?


-L.A.S

9 comments:

  1. Levi's web styling is kind of wack. I'm glad you didn't touch the trousers though, I'm doing a big hands on post this weekend.

    I don't know how you're getting down with 514s, the leg opening is mad wicked uber huge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda wish they made a fit in between 514 and 511... Like Angelo says, the 514 leg opening is too big for my liking, but the 511 is definitely for someone with thinner thighs than me... where's the Levi's 512.5 fit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 100% behind the 514. The rise is on point, the leg is wide enough to not be a skinny jean and the leg is straight making a decent break at both a heavy soled brogue and thinner soled driving moc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. does anyone know if levi's makes a pair of jeans with a slightly higher rise than the 514s, but lower than the 501s? I have a few pairs of the 514s, and I love the leg, but they look kinda wack with a tucked shirt/tie combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you head over to Zappos, they have had the white 501 for less than $40 for a good long minute (I copped some over a month ago) and it's optic white not some off-white variant http://www.zappos.com/levis-501-original-thunder?zlfid=111

    As for the 514, I totally agree on the leg opening being big for no reason but beggars can't be choosers. I plan on taking mine to my tailor to have her taper them some, it's only like $8 to have it done so I can't complain too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was all excited to hop on board and place an order…then I found out that the 511 only comes in a "white patch & repair" version (with dumb patches right down the leg — you can't really make them out in that picture). Huge bummer.

    What the hell, Levi's?? Not everyone who wants a really slim-fitting jean is the type of moron who would rather have the manufacturer distress his clothes than wear them out himself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrew Fucking W.K.

    Backed for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joe, that sucks, I have straight-up white 511s from like 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @joe: check the nearest Levi's store. I was in one two weeks ago and they had straight up white 511's without the patches and holes.

    ReplyDelete