Monday, April 12, 2010

Lusting After: Fitzgerald Oxford Linen and Cotton Sport Coat

 

And speaking of The Brethren, Brooks has just launched their Summer at the Cape collection and while it is a little underwhelming overall I am loving their oxford linen and cotton sport coat.  It's fabric composition and 3/8 lining make it so you'll be looking good while keeping cool - onlookers sweating you is a whole different story.  Like any BB sport coat you are going to have to dig a little deep in those pockets, but having one summer jacket is a necessity so you gotta pick your battles on stuff like this.  Once again, for the summer wedding crowd, I can see something like this working in real great when you channel this guy.  Break this out with some cropped stone chinos, ditch the socks, toss on your shades, grab a "John Daly" (an Arnold Palmer + vodka) and you should be straight.


-L.A.S

6 comments:

  1. awesome! glad i own similar items from RL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also saw this email this morning and the first thing I thought was I want this look, beach and all. Regarding the wedding kit, is this look acceptable at an evening wedding or should it not be worn post sunset?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will- I take myself off of all those mailing lists so I guess I just have good timing.

    Acceptability seems fine as long as you are comfortable and own it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. since when are there palm trees on the cape?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well actually this is a good brand if you ask me that pay for good cloths it's a good inversion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most elegant collection I've seen, next week I'll o there in order to buy the most expensive suit because that's my way and also I should look all time elegant at my job.

    ReplyDelete