Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sovereign Beck

Ties are like King Cobra 40's - you can never have too many.  That malt liquor sentiment may be a tad debatable, but we can all agree on ties, right? Good.  Sovereign Beck is a New York based tie brand cutting and stitching all their ties in the city that never sleeps.  Their S/S 2010 collection is just what all us style nerds lust after - limited runs, classic aesthetics and fair prices.  Each 3" width cotton tie (casts a wide net in this neck of the woods) is produced in small batches of 50 each and comes in a wide range of patterns.  For the workwear set they have chambray.  For all you true preps (I just threw up in my mouth a little) they've got your plaids. And lets not forget the modest gents, not unlike myself, who will really enjoy the engineer stripe joint.  Toss a couple of bow ties into the mix and you've got a stellar new brand who's doing the very best they can to help you dress like a goddamn grownup.


-L.A.S

6 comments:

  1. The ties are nice but $75 is a bit steep for a cotton bowtie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new collection looks o.k., but the older stuff? Yikes, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. King Cobra, eh? I was always a bigger fan of National Bohemian, but perhaps that's the Baltimorian in me.

    Oh, the seersucker at the end is pretty sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ties...u r right. You can't have enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude props to this post. You showed me the light to some great well priced ties. This is why I read this blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've worn SovereignBeck ties exclusively since their first collection was introduced. Without fail I get a " Where did you get that great tie? " query...

    ReplyDelete