Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Allen Edmonds Mora

The Tradest double monk on the Tradest last by, arguably, the Tradest shoemaker.  While the double monk set tends to gravitate towards the British and Italian juggernauts lest we not forget the discontinued beauty that was/is the Allen Edmonds Mora.  The appeal of the Mora lies in its hybrid of attributes - a wholly European style by a wholly American company.  Unlike the sleeker toeboxes found on most double monks the Mora's natural shape creates a wonderful juxtaposition of both old and new worlds.  The results of which, as you can see below, are quite astounding.  Why Allen Edmonds refuses to re-release this badboy is beyond me and thus the Mora is relegated to eBay, forum sales and thrift stores around the country.  The Allen Edmonds Mora - a sartorial unicorn in the truest sense of the word.




-L.A.S

9 comments:

  1. I don't know what I'd do (besides buy the pair, of course) if I was lucky enough to come across any of these in a thrift store. Such a nice shoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look up the phone # for the allen edmonds outlet in fort walton beach florida. I was there today and they had them in a 10 wide (and they run big) for $157.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mora is hands down one of the greats. Nice finds on some of those pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Literally took my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These have been on my ebay watch list fo' days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in New York and just scored the last pair they had in stores...anywhere. Too beautiful to pass up

    ReplyDelete
  7. While Sid Mashburn's are made in England they look almost identical to these. The toe isn't the least bit boxy. The staff there has helped me with phone orders too if you're not in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rather prefer the CJ Lowndes. More stylish elongated last! Free shipping from Pediwear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete