Sunday, May 30, 2010

Italia Independent

I was surprised to learn that many of the times we see Lapo Elkann rocking some insane outfit that he is actually wearing some of his own gear via his brand Italia Independent, for which he serves as president.  Italia Independent, also referred to as I-I, is grounded very much in the principles and philosophy that seem to govern Lapo's own life - individualism and the Italian way of life.  Everything about I-I, from design to manufacturing, focuses on both Italian heritage and innovation as Lapo's brand really seems to straddle the line between both the classic and the cutting edge.  The stuff aint cheap by any stretch of the imagination and it may help to be an automotive heir to actually buy this stuff, but there is no denying that this dude is seriously a visionary.  Seersucker cargo shorts? Club collar popovers?  Good to know his grandfather's money isn't going to waste.  Check out the stuff that's currently for sale on I-I's website and some pics of Lapo showing off a few creations at last year's Pitti Uomo.


-L.A.S

7 comments:

  1. Dooood!!! I love Lapo!!FASHION HERO#1!!!(please excuse my excessive fanboy-ing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very badass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why this clown keeps popping up on the blogs and best-dressed list as a style icon is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lapo is by far one the most stylish men in fashion today. His line I-I is impeccable! You can see more I-I as demonstrated by Lapo himself here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ59pvm9hAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. vous avez raison mr. anonyme, c'est un cloun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the collection is are pieces from his grandfather's wardrobe which were passed down to him... Throw in some bold Italian colors and some modern fabrics and that's I-I...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pricing is great, but you know, I'm paying with my grandfather's money.

    ReplyDelete