Monday, May 10, 2010

Rugby and the Summer Tux

Last time I talked about the Rugby blog I might have been a little harsh, but I am really digging their latest post focused on one of their new releases- the chino tuxedo (pants found here).  Now I realize those words will strike fear into the heart of Trads everywhere, but this idea kind of works.  There are going to be times during the hotter months out of the year that you're going to need to wear something formal.  You could always go black tie and sweat your ass off or you could get into something a little more weather friendly.  I'm not sure if there are some more "classic" alternatives to be had so this may win out by lack of competition (though this patchwork madras tuxedo from a 70's GQ spread is baller).  Anyhow, the write up goes into detail about how you can break down the pieces of the tux and wear it "traditional", "preppy" and "sporty" (pics seen below) by showing various potential all Rugby everything kits.  Like the gingham jacket from J. Crew posted yesterday this is some business best left to the bold, but that might just be what you are going for next time you saunter on up to a garden party.


-L.A.S

8 comments:

  1. You know what? That's pretty awesome. I could see myself in the 1st outfit at a summer wedding. What is that plaid/madras thing on the floor in the 2nd pic, a bag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I saw that thing this morning. What a disaster. I guess you could wear it with that pink oxford cloth/madras tuxedo shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David- http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?productId=4048399&categoryId=3896857&cp=3138868

    ReplyDelete
  4. No gentleman would wear this to a formal event. It does look good though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get on board with a notch collar dinner jacket. The concept fellas dig it (and thom browne). That always weirded me out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Antonio- Good call on a detail I blatantly overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Formal events are held to make sure people do not show up dressed like this. I'm gonna go ahead and give this a big thumbs down...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little gimmicky although I like the styling of the club collar and cardigan.

    ReplyDelete