Monday, June 14, 2010

Lusting After: Hickey Double Breasted Sportcoat

Double breasted jackets, much like double monk straps, get a 100% cosign from yours truly.  I'm always on the lookout for new joints to add to a collection that always seems extremely under nourished.  As much as I'm currently on the hunt for that perfectly WASP-y gold button number, I can't seem to shake this seriously classy jacket from Hickey.  As you well know there is a time for everything and there are times when something like gold buttons just aint gonna cut it - you don't always want to be that guy even if you think you do.  What started at almost a grand has now dropped to just under $400 and who knows how low it will go considering Hickey's whole sudden brand discontinuation thing (I'm still thoroughly pissed about this by the way).  At 90% cotton, Italian fabric and USA manufacturing it fires on all cylinders as a great summer buy so make sure you pick one up for me on your way to the register.  I really want to pair this with some reds.


-L.A.S

1 comment: