Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lusting After: SeeVeas 07/69 Campside Moccasin

These puppies are more or less a S/S version of these, which is actually a really good thing in my book.  I'll be the first to admit that I roll within with a very limited moccasin framework - boat shoes and bluchers exclusively.  I'm digging on these SeeVeas joints as a nice go between since I'm not totally willing to commit myself to any full fledged native footwear.  Part of me is still a little hesitant on the whole guilty by slippers association kicks such as these bring, but the hearty sole and accompanying welt seem fully capable of taking care of that.  With boat shoes and blucher mocs dominating the airwaves these days a shoe such as the Campside Moccasin, which kinda exists as the bastard child of the two, might be a well timed addition to the arsenal.  I can see these looking quite snazzy on those days where you bite the bullet and end up wearing shorts.  Oh yeah, they look comfy as all hell too.  The SeaVees Campside Moccasin is also available at Need Supply Co., an often criminally slept on shop.


 -L.A.S

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to pull a Lumberg and disagree with you on this one. The sole makes it looks like you were wearing some mediocre slippers, then you stepped in poop, and that poop stayed attached to the bottom of your slipper forever after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these... but Angelo, that is the funniest description I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd dig these on a guy. I like the rich dark brown color with the lighter laces. I'm all about comfort nowadays and just got deck shoes- normally not my style, but they'll be great throw-ons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pair of slippers from LL Bean that look just like this, (same color leather and laces, similar "crepe-esque" sole, but there isn't as much detail around the front toe and heel. Anyway, if I need to grab a coffee or pastry from the corner, I have no issue taking them out and have considered them for longer treks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The styling of these looks cheap to me, like the slippers I see Bros wearing that are probably from JC Penney. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This forum (fashion) elicits the crassest critiques of other humans on the internet. Have fun with your black souls, dandy asses.

    ReplyDelete