Friday, June 4, 2010

Mark McNairy Short Sleeve Panel Oxfords

I'm typing this post in a McNairy red university stripe oxford myself so you can take this extremely biased endorsement however you like - in fact, Sart Inc is pretty much one giant biased endorsement, but hopefully you've figured that out by now.  McNairy is one of my favorite designers because he makes shirts like the ones below.  No one else does "classic" like he can, injecting every bit of his own personality into what he creates.  These shirts are a tounge in cheek, middle finger, quirky take on a time honored classic and they kickass as far as I am concerned.  I prefer the long sleeve versions myself, but I can totally get down with this S/S entry.  If I have my facts straight these badboys are 13 oz. Japanese cotton, but more importantly made right here in the good ol' US of A (no, I'm not telling you what factory).  I should also mention that these shirts have the best collar roll of any shirt I own.  DQM just got 'em in stock and if you do decide to cop I recommend sizing down - I wear a medium in pretty much everything, but a McNairy small fits me perfectly.


-L.A.S

13 comments:

  1. How do I buy one of these? And since you're such a big Mark McNairy fan, can you tell me where I can buy his clothes at? I always search for his New Amsterdam line but nothing comes up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon- Shoot me an email homie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do the MMNA fit in comparison to Gitman Vintage oxford joints?

    I too am curious where to peep some of the man's product...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shirt looks like a onesie. At least it has a back-flap, though—perfect for shitting all over this horrible design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess you've never seen a Brooks Brothers "fun shirt" then. They've only been making shirts like this for sixty years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon @8:51 - Of course I've seen a BB fun shirt. They don't fit like this though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really? so they dont have ridiculously long shirt tails that are meant to be tucked in and look beyond foolish if worn untucked? quite interesting, las.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon @9:03 - Off the rack McNairy shirts are longer than say an option from Gitman Vintage, but after one wash the shirt tails and overall length of the shirt are the length where you could either tuck it in (and it stays tucked) or wear it untucked. Quite interesting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy fuck I want one or two of these shirts. Please provide ordering details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laguna Beach Trad- Follow the link above (I added the correct one that takes you to DQM's online shop) or shoot me an email if you want a long sleeve version.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yo LAS,

    Are you going to bring back "What I Wore This Weekend" updates? I really enjoyed those.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kris Kross gonna make you jump jump.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a cool concept for a shirt! Thanks for posting, not seen these before.

    ReplyDelete