Saturday, June 26, 2010

Play Ball

While the baseball jacket is undeniably iconic I've had problems in the past finding one that really did it for me.  What does it for me you ask?  I'm talkin' 'bout slim fit, breathable fabric, no branding, no nonsense.  That's what.  I ended up going with the Gant Rugger joint that came out recently and while that is pretty much sold out now you can nab a similar version from Rugby on the cheap.  Despite being less money even when it was full price, the Rugby Cotton Twill Baseball Jacket is just as dope as the Gant Rugger joint.  Hell, if you hate zippers it's probably superior.  I'm not sure how many of you still haven't got that one piece of S/S outerwear locked up yet, but you can't really go wrong with a cotton twill baseball jacket.  It doesn't require any thinking.  You just throw it on over your white tee or oxford when the night takes a turn for the chilly.  The baseball jacket aint ever going out of style, that I can assure you, so you might as well grab both the green and red.  What? You're mowing lawns to save money now? Get outta here.


-L.A.S

6 comments:

  1. Mowing lawns is what all tha ballers are doing these days. Stay fresh, live fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any idea who makes the navy one sported by Shaun in your previous post? I like the Rugger but red is not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely feeling the green one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the head porter ones

    http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/head-porter-plus-varsity-jacket-red-1.php

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy your $400 cotton windbreaker with a hood then, Anonymous at 7:52

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look at these and see letter jackets. Except those are usually plastered with ugly badges.

    ReplyDelete