Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Attn: The Great American Collaboration Now Online

The blogosphere as been abuzz with previews, thoughts and opinions on the new Levi's Workwear by Filson collaboration and as of today you can pick up your favorite pieces online.  While I don't plan on messing with any of the bags, the tin cloth Trucker is a damn fine looking fall jacket - a great take on an American classic (much like the cord joint I talked about last week).  With workwear and Americana saturating the market these past few years, this collaborative effort feels fresh and, more importantly, honest.  One of the things I keep hearing is how surprised everyone is that it took so long for these two to team up.  Stuff like that tells me one thing - when real tends to recognize real monies are usually blown.  For some hands on insight and backstory be sure to check out Mister Crew.  And read this before you buy.


-L.A.S

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of the tote bags on their site but I like this bag here- for some reason, I like men's travel bags much more- probably because most are sleeker looking than women's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first jacket and the bag a lot! I would totally wear both of them because they are so rugged and grungy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little too much Eddie Bauer in that Type 3 Trucker. I'd stick with the cord or cord/sherpa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw the trucker jacket and tote at my local Levi's store last Friday. The jacket is a beaut--much richer in color than any online pics can represent. The tote bag, not so great. In theory, denim and tan tin cloth should be 2 tastes that taste great together, but instead the bag looks awkward, like they had leftover scraps of fabric and decided to make something. Better off going with the classic tin cloth tote or hoping an all denim one is released.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 40% code already expired. :(

    ReplyDelete