Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Henri Lloyd F/W 2010

Henri Lloyd, a British sailing heritage brand founded in 1963, has just released the first look at their F/W 2010 collection.  The goods find themselves firmly entrenched in HL's British heritage, but instead of the sea the collection takes things to the countryside.  It's a move based on the ideas of texture and layering and I'll be damned if the folks over at Henri Lloyd didn't do a fine job at reconciling both their heritage and an updated brand aesthetic.  While the collection appears quite classic, and it is, there is a modern edge to the clothes in the form of technical details - articulated sleeves, quilt stitching, etc.  Advances learned from years of making garments that can stand up to the "marine experience" are now getting the country gent upgrade.  I'll take all the outerwear. Thanks.


-L.A.S

6 comments:

  1. I've got a sudden urge to go on a long vessel full of seamen. And do more navy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for a nice wool toggle coat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say that I have been following you blog for the past month, and you are featuring some great stuff. So, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great. I especially love the mustard jumper with the scarf and coat.

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Roger

    lol at "long vessel full of se(a)men"

    Yeah I'm mature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @0:16

    you're not just immature, you're fucking stupid as well. being immature is cool i fuck with that shit, but you're retarded enough to not recognise that the pun was there already, and intentional.

    some of the outerwear for this season makes me want to sodomize myself

    ReplyDelete