Monday, August 9, 2010

A San Francisco Twofer

San Fran shop UNIONMADE just launched their online shop, which is a coup for those of us who call the right coast home.  These guys have already made waves with various top notch collaborations, a sharp looking retail space and an impressive stocklist so this next step is a much welcomed one.  Just take a look at their recent collaboration with local sportswear purveyor Golden Bear.  I don't think I've seen a more perfect cotton varsity jacket in my entire life.  Made locally in San Francisco's Potrero district and chock full of enough style to last you two lifetimes, these jackets have moved right on up my "must cop" list.   I knew that once UM hit the web I would be short a few stacks, but it appears I highly overestimated my will power.


-L.A.S

13 comments:

  1. No amount of style can overcome the use of the phrases "San Fran" or "Frisco" to refer to San Francisco. Is blogspot charging you by the character or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Non-locals dont know. Give him a break. And Unionmade is killin. The guys are super friendly and there is no better place in the Bay Area

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let him know IS giving him a break.

    In the same vein, if you got to Paris, don't wear a souvenir beret with your name embroidered on it. TMYK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daddy Fat Sax...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is everything at Union Made actually union made? If not, the name's kind of a)dishonest; and b) an insult.

    And FWIT, according to Sierra Trading Post, a lot of the Golden Bear jackets are made in Indian or China.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fuck you haters. I would've never found this site if I didn't read this blog. Beautiful store. I need to make a trip out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look pretty good. And I couldn't give a fig if you call it "San Fran" or "Frisco". I'm a second generation S.F. native and none of the other natives that I know really care at all about this stuff. It's usually the transplants that feel the need to assume the "more local than thou" attitude. You see them walking around wearing those trendy t-shirts that name check the neighborhood that they pay (too much)rent to live in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. San Francisco sucks terribly whether your a local or a transplant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Mr. Impressive Second generation S.F. Native, does "Made locally in San Francisco's Potrero district" count as name checking the neighborhood?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I said they look pretty good, I didn't say I'd buy them Mr.Bravely Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I would think not. They look like costume clothes for Teddy bears.

    - Mr. Bravely Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's devolvements such as these that make me wonder why blogs mar themselves by having a comments section.

    I think I'll go buy the blue jacket and loiter around the shop because the staff is top notch. Glad they have a website so I can keep with them without having to make a trip across town now.

    -Brian from SF, San Fran, the City, whatever you'd like to call it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think i may cop that red jacket.

    ReplyDelete