Thursday, October 7, 2010

Get Down

Despite its lack of anything remotely resembling "exclusivity" or "cool guy status" the one down vest you hear about all the time is Lands End's down vest.  From the holy annals of GQ all the way on down to that one terrible style blog you just can't quit (i.e. Sartorially Inclined), this vest has showed up and for good reason.  The common strategy is to size down and grab yourself the one down vest you need for 6-8 months out of the year depending on the weather where you live.  It's normally really cheap, but if you hit the link above you will find yourself in Lands End's overstock section where really cheap has been replaced by its much more lovable younger brother dirt cheap.  I think everyone reading this can spare $15 for a F/W essential, especially when the colors available are pretty great.  You want the color of the season? Olive is represented.  You want to keep things brooding as hell so girls think you're mysterious or some shit? The pewter gray is on point.  You're still looking for your F/W levity? You could do worse than rich red.  For reference here is the vest in the wild as worn by my buddy CB.


-L.A.S

11 comments:

  1. It's fun to wear a vest and no pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally wear a Medium at most stores (38" chest, 31" waist, 15" neck) would you recommend I get a medium or a small in their vests?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryce- For a trim fit you want a small.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So if I'm a small generally, I just go with a small?

    ReplyDelete
  5. that c.benjamin is one ugly mofo

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you are small you go with x-small

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scored one - thanks for the heads up

    Since I wasn't sure on the size, I did something my wife always does. Order two sizes and return one. Am I turning into my wife!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just to add a dissenting opinion, I bought the Lands End vest and was very disappointed. Felt really thin, cheap, plastic-y. Yeah, I know, it's only $15, but it still. I've gotten other things in the past from Lands End where I felt the quality was there, but not this piece. Went right back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popping in to say I love your writing - it makes me laugh. :o)

    ReplyDelete