Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Woolrich Woolen Mills F/W 2011 Preview

Style.com has the first real picture of Mark McNairy's debut collection for Woolrich Woolen Mills.  WWM F/W 2011 will debut January 17th in Milan and is at a critical juncture in the brand's history as it transitions into the post-Daiki Suzuki era.  Here is what Mark has to say about the collection:

"When I started, I wanted to get as far away from the [well-known] outdoor aspect as possible, the hunting and fishing. Woolrich also has a long history of making for the U.S. military, and in the late fifties and early sixties, they had an Ivy League, preppy consumer collection, which not a lot of people know about. Basically, the collection that I did was a mishmash of classic U.S. navy garb and traditional Ivy League garb."

There is not a single collection I am more intrigued by than WWM F/W 2011 and I can't even imagine the craziness Mark has in store.  But like, the always insightful and Daiki fanatic, Mister Crew said, "It has to be tasteful craziness if it's going to sell."


-L.A.S

6 comments:

  1. Since having grown up around Woolrich, I feel that getting away from the hunting and fishing aspect is getting away from Woolrich. Preppy collection from the sixties? It better be flannel-lined, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark McNairy isn't a designer, so this should be interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon - it would be more interesting if you fucked yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personsally, I would be more interested in seeing McNairy fuck anon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ow...harsh words, folks. I think MM has more design chops than we think. He's had an up and down career but I really think he'll shine (at least I hope so). I love DS as much as anyone but I don't know exactly how popular his WWM stuff was...you see an awful lot on eBay etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Either way that duffle's ace.





    (Unless you happen to rate substandard schmutter punted by Rugby)

    ReplyDelete